Since the release of the first Xiaomi Mi Band that their partnership with Huami keeps growing stronger. Huami is the company responsible for all Xiaomi wearables, and announced recently the arrival of some new products quite interesting.
By far, ths most interesting of the new smartwatches is the Amazfit GTS, which presents itself as a cheaper alternative to the Apple Watch. Starting from its design, its almost identical, and that’s a good thing!
Features that make the Xiaomi Amazfit GTS so special
As soon as you look to this smartwatch, it’s impossible to miss the 1,65″ inch AMOLED display with a square shape “à lá” Apple Watch. Making it the perfect size smartwatch, comes with only 9,4mm thickness and impressive 24,8 grams.
Feature wise, you should know that comes with integrated GPS, which makes it extremely useful for every user that have regular outdoor activities and do not want to carry the smartphone around.
The water resistance will be crucial for swimmers, as it supports diving up to 50 metres deep. More, the smartwatch comes with swimming monitor feature.
With its 220mAh battery, the Xiaomi Amazfit GTS will guarantee up to 14 days of average use. It’s important to note that if you want to use GPS 24/7, the battery life is reduced to 25 hours. Which is still very impressive.
Amazfit GTS full spec list
- 1.65 inch 341ppi AMOLED display with Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Aluminum frame
- 40 watchfaces to choose from when released (more in the future)
- It monitors 12 sports, including: running, cycling, swimming, climbing and weightlifting.
- Optical heart rate sensor for 24/7 monitoring
- Bluetooth 5.0
- NFC (only available in China)
- 220mAh battery for 14 days of regular use (takes 2 hours to charge)
- It is water resistant for activities such as swimming or shallow water diving
- Available in six colors: gray, black, red, pink, beige and white
- Price: RMB 899 ($125/Rs. 8,975)
One of the best alternatives to the Apple Watch
Would be a little too much to state that the Amazfit GTS can go face to face with Apple Watch and win the battle. But, if we consider their price point, there is no doubt that the Apple Watch does not stand a chance.
In terms of value for money, you will never regret the investment in this new smartwatch. But, if you want to save a little more money, there are a few alternatives that will offer you a lot of these features for a smaller price.
Keeping in mind that both design and functionalities vary quite a lot, you should have a look at Xiaomi Mi Band 4 ($36/Rs. 2,590), Huawei Honor Band 5 ($55/Rs. 3,935), Amazfit Bip ($63/Rs. 4,531), Amazfit Pace ($80/Rs. 5,754).