The owners of the Samsung Galaxy Note 9 flagship can finally rejoice as the company is going to push the official Android 9 Pie update to the device on January 15.
The report has popped up courtesy of guncelmiyiz which almost confirms the rollout schedule.
Recently, the company began rolling out the Android 9 Pie update to the Galaxy S9 and the Galaxy S9+ devices and was only a matter of time that the company announced the same for the Galaxy Note 9.
Samsung Galaxy Note 9: Full specifications
- Display: 6.4-inch Super AMOLED ‘Infinity Display’ giving out a resolution of 2,960×1440 pixels resolution, an aspect ratio of 18.5:9, and a pixel density of 514ppi
- Body: Aluminum frame, Gorilla Glass 5 (front and back), IP68 certified for water and dust resistance.
- Color variants: Midnight Black, Coral Blue, Titanium Gray, Lilac Purple.
- Rear camera: Dual camera (12MP, Type 1/2.55″ sensor, f/1.5-2.4 aperture, dual pixel PDAF, OIS + 12MP, Type 1/3.4″ sensor, f/2.4 aperture, autofocus, OIS, 2x zoom.) 2160p/60fps, 1080p/240fps slow motion, 720p/960fps super slow-motion video recording.
- Front camera: 8MP, f/1.7 aperture, autofocus, 1440p/30fps video recording.
- OS: Android 8.1 Oreo out of the box with Samsung Experience 9.0 on top of it.
- Other features: Bixby virtual assistant; Smart Connect, Smart Connect Home, Bluetooth-enabled S-Pen stylus with 4096 pressure levels and multimedia controls, Fingerprint/iris/face recognition, stereo speakers tune by AKG, 3.5mm jack, bundled AKG headphones, DeX dock compatibility.
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 octa-core CPU coupled with Adreno 630 GPU or Exynos 9810 octa-core CPU coupled with Mali-G72 MP18 GPU.
- Memory: 6/8GB of RAM and 128/512GB of storage with further scope of expansion via a microSD slot for cards up to 512GB.
- Battery: 4,000mAh Li-Po battery with support for Adaptive Fast Charging, QuickCharge 2.0 support, WPC(Qi) & PMA wireless charging.
- Connectivity: USB Type-C (v3.1); Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac MU-MIMO; GPS, GLONASS, Beidou, Galileo; NFC; Bluetooth 5.0.
What are your thoughts on the latest Android Pie update for the Galaxy Note 9? Do let us know in the comments section down below. Also, do not forget to subscribe to Android Updated. To do so, just tap the bell icon at the bottom of your device screen.