The upcoming MIUI 10 is going to be unveiled on May 31 alongside the launch of the company’s latest flagship, the Xiaomi Mi 8. Recently, the company has made it official that the closed beta program for the MIUI 10 is now open for registration.
If you want to download the MIUI 10 software for your Xiaomi device, you would have to register for the program before the end of today.
List of supported devices for the MIUI 10
As of now, the supported devices which are eligible for the closed beta program are:
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 5/Note 5 Pro
- Xiaomi Mi Mix
- Xiaomi Mi Mix 2
- Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
- Xiaomi Mi 6
If you own any of the above-mentioned smartphones, you are eligible for the program. Then, you need to perform the following checks:
1. Search for the MIUI WeChat public number
2. Send a text saying “MIUI10” to the number
3. In the menu bar, you would find the MIUI 10 button. Type in the registration code you have received in the required field
4. Voila! You are done with the registration. The application results will be announced on May 29 and you should be getting MIUI 10 on your device post that.
The closed beta MIUI 10 is going to be launched pretty soon and just like any other beta software, it is most likely going to have a log of bugs and glitches. It is, therefore, highly recommended that you update your device at your own risk. We suggest backing up your device before updating your device.
As of now, there is no word on the features and the full changelog of the latest MIUI update. We would, however, keep you posted once we get any intel on that.
What are your thoughts on the MIUI 10? Do let us know in the comments section down below. Also, do not forget to subscribe to Android Updated. To do so, just tap the bell icon at the bottom of your device screen.