The world of Android has constantly been changing. New smartphones are being introduced almost every day making it very difficult for the buyers to choose the perfect fit for them. To solve this problem, we make a monthly list of the best upcoming smartphones which you can go for.
The month of March is very special when it comes to Android, owing to the fact that we have just witnessed MWC wherein almost all the major smartphone manufacturers have showcased their new offerings in the Android ecosystem.
So, without waiting anymore, let’s dig down the list of the best upcoming smartphones. But, before that, let’s check out the predicted launch dates of these smartphones as well:[intense_content_section background_type=”color” background_color=”#e1f2f8″]
- Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+: Already announced at MWC, up for sales in March
- Nokia 1, 7 Plus, 6, 8 Sirocco and 8110 4G: Already announced at MWC
- Sony Xperia XZ2, XZ2 Compact: Already announced at MWC
- Huawei P11: March 2018
- LG G7: June 2018
- HTC U12: June 2018
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9: August 2018
- iPhone 9 / 11 / XI: September 2018
The best upcoming smartphones: March 2018
#1: Samsung Galaxy S9 lineup
The Samsung Galaxy S9 and the Galaxy S9 Plus were one of the most talked-about smartphones before the MWC and they certainly deserve it. The Galaxy S9 lineup features top-of-the-chain features and if you are looking for the best flagship smartphones in 2018, you need not search anymore.
Samsung Galaxy S9 review
The Samsung Galaxy S9 lineup is sure to be one of the most successful mobiles in the year 2018.
#2: Nokia 8 Sirocco and Nokia 7 Plus
Nokia announced the Nokia 8 Sirocco and the Nokia 7 Plus smartphones in the MWC. Finally, the company appears to be getting back on track with these smartphones.
Talking first about the company’s 2018 flagship, the Nokia 8 Sirocco can certainly prove to be one of the best upcoming smartphones. The device features almost all the essentials of 2018: An 18:9 aspect ratio, a powerful (yet, not the latest) processor, ample amount of storage and a decent battery.
- A 5.5in 18:9 2K OLED display
- An Octa-core 2.45 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor (We would have appreciated the latest Snapdragon 845 chipset a lot though)
- 6GB of RAM
- 128GB of internal storage (expandable via microSD)
- 12-megapixel and 13-megapixel telephoto rear cameras
- 5MP front camera
- 7.5mm thin, metal and glass build
- Corning Gorilla Glass 5 Protection
- USB Type-C Support
- Android Oreo 8.1
The device is going to be available for purchase starting from April.
- We have covered the full specifications of the Nokia 7 Plus in our earlier post. You can know everything about the device from this post.
#3: OnePlus 6
OnePlus 6 is the next flagship killer smartphone from OnePlus. OnePlus 6 is coming with jaw-dropping features such as the on-screen fingerprint sensor which consists of fingerprint sensor inbuilt in a screen and 3D camera which captures 3D image of an object. It has a 23 MP camera Exmor-RS CMOS Sensor supporting a resolution of 5536 x 4152 Pixels and the front Camera is powered by an Exmor-RS CMOS Sensor. It will also come with face detection unlock feature.
- 5.7 inches edge-to-edge display with 1440 x 2560 pixels resolution
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 octdevicea-core processor
- 6 GB + 64 GB / 8 GB + 128 GB storage
- 23 MP dual 3D camera and 16 MP front camera
- 3500 mAh battery with Dash Charging
- On-screen Fingerprint Scanner
- Face Detection Unlock
- Android Oreo 8.1
#4: Vivo Apex
(Still a concept) (Not a concept anymore)
Vivo introduced its latest offering to the Android world in the MWC. The device, dubbed the Vivo Apex, is still a concept phone but is certainly going to be the future of upcoming mobiles in 2018. As we have experienced over the past couple of years, the new trends in smartphones pretty quickly become the latest norms (remember Mi Mix? The first bezel-less?) and it is just a matter of time that we saw smartphones following the same tech as the Vivo Apex.
- Know everything about the Vivo Apex in our full review here.
- Update: The Vivo Apex is officially going public. Check out the latest coverage here.
#5: Nokia 8110 4G: The matrix phone is back
When Nokia relaunched the Nokia 3310 last year, it was certainly clear that we still have a soft corner for the mobiles of the lates 90’s. Capitalizing on this fact, Nokia has decided to reincarnate the Matrix Phone AKA the Banana Phone AKA the Nokia 8110.
Full specifications of the Nokia 8110 2018 edition
- 2.4in QVGA display
- Dual-core 1.1GHz Qualcomm MSM8905
- 512MB of RAM
- 4GB of internal storage
- 2-megapixel rear camera
- Does not run on Android
- Part of “Nokia Originals”
- 20-day standby time
- Available in Banana Yellow and Black color variants
- Sales starting in May 2018
#6: HTC U12
HTC’s latest upcoming flagship, the HTC U12 or the HTC Imagine as it is being called, is up and out in the rumors market. A report suggesting the specifications of the device has come up. You can check out the complete features of the HTC U12 from our post down below:
#7: Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Samsung has started working on the software for the upcoming Samsung Galaxy Note 9. You can find the full coverage by following the post below:
These were our pickings for the best upcoming smartphones. What are your thoughts about them? Do let us know in the comments section below. Also, do not forget to subscribe to Android Updated. To do so, just tap the bell icon at the bottom of your device.