The two hot kings of smartphones now in the market are fighting for top honors in India.They have brought their best phones to the country. The Google Pixel 2 XL is already available for pre-order on Flipkart, Croma.
Shipping will start on November 15. Apple, meanwhile, has the iPhone X, its special iPhone, in the fray. The iPhone X, too, is available as a pre-order, although on Flipkart it is out of stock, and you may have to hunt for it in offline stores. In shops, it will be available from November 3.
Now, which is the one you should get? These are premium phones with hefty price tags attached to them.
The iPhone X, with a price tag of Rs 89,000, is undoubtedly the best iPhone has made (according to Apple). The Pixel 2 XL, priced at Rs 73,000, is the best (according to Google) Android phone it has made. So which one should you buy?
If you are looking for a TL: DR version, here is my answer: Get the iPhone X. Yes, it is more expensive. But it is also going to delight you more with its design, and that Face ID feature. The only reason to pick the Pixel 2 XL over the iPhone will be the Android Oreo inside the Google phone. iOS 11 is still not as functional or flexible as Android, although for most users it may not matter.
Now, for the longer version. There are no bad choices here between the iPhone X and the Pixel 2 XL.
Compare and get the best out of both:
Get the iPhone X because of the following reasons:
- The iPhone X is powered by the A11 Bionic processor, the fastest mobile phone processor in the world.
- The iPhone X will have a better display.The iPhone X use OLED screens. It has a screen size of 5.8.Quality of the display is probably better on the iPhone X because iOS handles colours better also Apple usually calibrates its iPhone displays to perfection, whereas Pixel 2 XL has been under fire for its minor screen issues.
- The Face ID and the animated emojis, it will create is going to be delightful on the iPhone X. Same is with the features like Portrait Lighting and that additional zoom lens. This is something a masterpiece.
- everyone likes the iOS, its smooth animations, its security features, its consistencies and overall the way it works with other Apple devices.
But, get the Pixel 2 XL if…
- You consider the prices, iPhone X is priced Rs 89,000 is really expensive, on the other hand, pixel 2 costs Rs 73,000, way cheaper, saves you Rs 16,000.It also offers smartphone experience that is top notch.
- And guess what? you will also get a free Sennheiser earphones worth Rs 11,990 on its pre-order.
- Against the iPhone X’s more fun zoom camera, the Pixel 2 XL with its well-tuned 12-megapixel camera will offer better results than what the iPhone can capture. It uses HDR+ mode which uses AI and machine learning to create better-looking images in low light.
- If you love Android over iOS which a lot of people do. Go for it.Also, Pixel 2 XL has smart google features including Google Lens and Google Assistant, the Google Assistant, in particular, is really great and much better than Apple Siri in India.
What are your thoughts about these flagships? More importantly, which one would you pick? Do let us know in the comments section below. And, do not forget to subscribe to Android Updated. In order to do that, hit the bell icon on the bottom right.
Stay tuned for more Android news.